It is summertime and a time of course when most people take vacations — including me. As vacation approaches though, its almost like we are thinking ahead to the extra food we may be eating — along with the extra beverage or two, right? Afterall, you deserve it for working so hard? While I agree to a certain degree, yes, you gotta “let yourself enjoy” those precious vacation moments, its also good to realize that sooner or later you’ll be facing the scale again.
Here are a few good tips I found on this website, like:
- Take your own snacks for a roadtrip or plane ride.
- Find a supermarket or a healthier store option where you can find fresh fruits and veggies and other healthier snacks once you arrive at your destination.
- Start your day off right with good food fuel — oatmeal, scrambled eggs with fresh veggies.
- Choose sit-down restaurants where you can ask for salad dressing on the side and other healthier side options.
- Seek out local food — the local seafood, etc.
- Make smarter choices like fatty fish (salmon), grilled meats and broth-based soups.
- Share your meals with a loved one.
- By all means splurge — but, make it special when you do — realizing that it shouldn’t happen all the time!